What Does UNESCO Mean?
What does UNESCO Stand for?
UNESCO is an acronym that stands for “United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization”.
UNESCO is also a UN Organization like UNICEF. The Constitution of UNESCO signed on 16 November 1945. It came into force on 4 November 1946 after confirmation of twenty countries. This organization helps the nations to manage their developments through the preservation of natural and cultural resources. Also, this organization helps in the defense of the scientific and cultural knowledge of humanity.
- A few main tasks carried out by this organization are,
- The training of teachers,
- The construction and equipment of schools,
- The preservation of cultural heritage
- The promotion of freedom of expression